Thursday, July 1, 2010

What Are You Looking For?

I hope no one is reading along with Win Lose or Blog because they think we bloggers can do no wrong.... that we always make healthy choices and are super-duper motivated to exercise and lose weight...

Yea, I'm excited to be losing weight... and I love that there are like 20 people following along to push me back on the right track... but I am not perfect... and I make a lot of choices that I'd never want people to copy...

I really don't have the best relationship with food to be honest... I am SCARED of carbs... I did Atkins back in High School and ever since I remain leery of carbs and their super-human ability to plump-me-up!

I also developed some bulimic tendencies in college... gross right? It is weird how the mind works... I seriously think of it as an easy way to 'reverse' a mistake or diet slip up... which in reality it really isn't *easy* and is extremely unhealthy...

Since graduating from college i have battled urges/compulsions to revert back to old ways... and to be honest, I do not always win the battle... but I am trying... really!

Yesterday my wonderful boyfriend and I bought new bedroom furniture and spent all day away from home... my safe place with all my diet foods... we ended up at our favorite Mexican restaurant and rather than order a salad I ate my favorite meal and mindfully enjoyed it...

To add insult to injury, I was seriously craving ice cream, so we made a stop at Orange Leaf - a self-serve frozen yogurt store where i made up an 11oz bowl of deliciousness and my wonderful boyfriend and I sat down and enjoyed our food and each other's company....

Did I have bulimic urges.... yea a little bit... but I chose to purposely step off the 'diet path' for the night and that these were things I WANTED to eat... plus I did not feel like I had *over* indulged so I battled my urges and won... We really had a great night...

And this morning? the scale read 177.4lbs ... no damage done... so why did I even waste the time worrying over it?

Treats really ARE okay... when they remain treats and not everyday food choices...

Oh! and if anyone would like an additional entry for the Subway GC Giveaway you can take another guess at 'who I lied to'... just leave another comment on that thread... hint: I had never met the person before.

6 comments:

  1. I big puffy heart you. Love your honesty. I think sometimes we have to say (or write) things so that others can see. You did just fine. It sounds like it was a wonderful fun day!

    Dang, since it was not your mom....it must have been....well...hhhmmm....I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!?! You're not perfect?!?! Who do I need to talk to about this?!?

    Of course you're not, you're human. And we absolutely need people here to talk about the ups and downs and struggles of weight loss. Thanks for sharing your struglles with us.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exactly how I feel about treats. I love chocolate, esp. dark which is good, so when I indulge I do it regularly and sparingly. I find that when I deny myself it, I binge on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing the DMV person. I totally fibbed about my weight when I got my new driver's license. ;)

    I'm glad you had a good, guilt-free night! I needed to hear this today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything in moderation! I enjoy treats when I need them. If I deny myself- Im setting myself up for a pigout session later.

    Thanks for sharing your struggles and congrats on the guilt free night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you enjoyed that mexican meal instead of getting something that you did not want and then you may have eaten a lot of other things to make up for it...there are times when we just need to have something especially if we are doing good in so many areas.

    Take care and I am not sure about who you lied to, I already got it wrong!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete